Dan Roman, PMP, PMI-ACP, shares his thoughts on deciding how best to move an IT project forward. Rather than being wed to one methodology he uses a form-follows-function approach because of the realities that must be addressed with a project of any complexity. Topics covered include:
- Agility vs Waterfall vs Hybrid
- The Triple Constraint
- Projects vs Product Development: releases vs incremental sprints
- When agility does and doesn’t work
- Agile Enterprise vs Enterprise Agility
- Risk Management: politics, superheroes, failing forward, and managing an agile team
Dan closes out with a reference to the seminal article by Takeuchi & Nonaka (https://hbr.org/1986/01/the-new-new-product-development-game) on product development with emphasis on the “limitations of agility” portion of the article.
This episode is sponsored by the Business Agility Midwest Conference, November 6-7, 2019, Columbus, OH. You can access the conference web site directly for any comments or questions, https://businessagilitymidwest.com/, or you can contact me at
In line with Business Agility and dealing with complex situations, you can download my free e-book MINDSET – 5 SIMPLE WAYS TO LOOK AT COMPLEX PROBLEMS and learn how to find a simple vantage point from which you can resolve challenges.
Your feedback is important. Choose from the following options:
- place a review in iTunes,
- click on “leave a comment” below,
- send any comments along with your name and the show number to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- call us at 614-226-1333 and leave a message including your name, the podcast number and podcast title.
Listen to future episodes for our reply.