Today’s interview covers 8 Elements of Bad Hiring with a returning guest, Human Resource Consultant, Jeffrey Cochran
Jeffrey catalogued the 8 Elements in 4 main categories:
- The person doing the hiring
- The person being interviewed
- The hiring process
- Other key issues
The 8 Elements comprise:
- No/bad/inaccurate job description
- Manager not prepared for the interview
- Person is personable
- “Perfect Candidate” Syndrome
- Talking, not listening
- Hiring manager not trained
- Applicable tests
Jeffrey provided a bonus, 9th Element, the Culture Fit Conundrum.
Here is the list of other podcasts with Jeffrey that might interest you.
- Legal classifications for work performed, Solopreneur or Employee? (https://www.ctrchg.com/0002-wwc-are-you-a-solopreneur-or-an-employee/)
- Human Resource Law (https://www.ctrchg.com/0011-wwc-human-resource-law-jeffrey-cochran-interview/)
- Work-life balance (https://www.ctrchg.com/0012-wwc-work-life-balance-jeffrey-cochran-interview/)
For more information you can contact Jeffrey at:
This show was brought to you by two sponsors:
- My free e-book MINDSET – 5 SIMPLE WAYS TO LOOK AT COMPLEX PROBLEMS and learn how to find a simple vantage point from which you can resolve challenges.
- “8 Steps From Chaos To Clarity and Calm: CEO Advanced Training” a course for business owners dealing with unforeseen problems that have surfaced as a result of success. For more information go to https://www.ctrchg.com/ceo-advanced-training/
Your feedback is important. Choose from the following options:
- place a review in iTunes,
- click on “leave a comment” below,
- send any comments along with your name and the show number to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- call us at 614-226-1333 and leave a message including your name, the podcast number and podcast title.
Listen to future episodes for our reply.